Saturday 1 January 2011

New Years Day

Went up to the South Downs Way at 10pm tonight to get a bit of night time trail running in. I left it all day as frankly I was pretty hung over this morning and didn't get out of bed till gone 11. I parked up by Jack and Jill, the windmills that sit on top of the downs above the village of Clayton and ran west over Ditchling Beacon before turning around and coming back again. For the first time in a couple of weeks the clouds had cleared a little and the stars were out, but there was light snowfall the whole time. Apart from that the only other light was my headtorch, reflected back at me by hundreds of pairs of eyes belonging to the herds of sheep that wander the hills up there. I'll take it relatively easy tomorrow before commencing back to back big weeks as the last big push before Rocky Raccoon. Next weekend I'll be at Winter Tanners 30 mile and the weekend after at Country to Capital 45 mile. My left achilles and calf are tight so I'll need to tread carefully....

Big run coming soon in training also as I'm going to run the full 50 mile Centurion North Downs Way course. I will get a GPS read out for the whole gig to give entrants and potential entrants a totally accurate picture of what they will face in August. Timewise I'm expecting it to take me around 8 hours but again we'll see about that...

Happy New Year to anyone reading this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment