Sunday 23 January 2011

13 Days to Go

pm 3 miles. Big day....

Man I'm tired today. It was all I could do to drag myself out of bed this morning and make it once round the park with Lisa this evening. I feel pretty beaten. I guess that's the point of a period of more intensive training, to push your body as close to breaking point as possible without tipping it over the edge and then back off just in time to be able to peak for a race. My mileage has been average to poor in the lead up to this and the quality of those miles has been mixed to say the least. At the same time as putting in 11 weeks of training, exactly as I did pre Badwater, I have been sick, injured and had a very busy finish to 2010 and start to this year at work. Putting in big mileage weeks around my day job is pretty strength sapping and I think after yesterday when I psychologically reached the start of my taper period exactly 2 weeks from race day, I kind of unravelled a little bit. I'm just going to try and keep my legs ticking over, strengthen my knees back up and gain a serious amount of energy in the next 13 days. I am getting geared up for it now, I am relaxed about the distance and get my nutrition right this time around. Regular readers of this blog will know what my one true fear is going into this race.... the only question is which shorts provide the lowest possible risk of damage....

No comments:

Post a Comment