Tuesday 11 January 2011

25 Days to go

Massive set back this morning. Got up early and put my gear on. Almost immediately my knee felt tight. I got through Battersea Park ok but as soon as I got north of the Thames over Chelsea Bridge I was reduced to alternating running and walking again. Weirdly the pain didn't become too much to force me to stop running but way more than mild discomfort which was the limit the physio gave me to stick within.

I got so hacked off towards the end that I just put the pace down and ran it in. The only positive is that I was able to run albeit my stride was all over the place. The problem is getting to critical so I spent the entire day alternating ice with elevating it and stretching and tonight the pain i had even going down the stairs earlier on, has subsided. I will rest tomorrow morning again and run home tentatively tomorrow night. In fact I'll probably just take it to the track as I'll get more natural cushioning there.

So with a bit under 4 weeks to go, I can't run 3 miles without stopping. Doubt I can walk 97 miles of RR in under 29 hours 30. Probably still worth a go though....

No comments:

Post a Comment