Sunday 26 June 2011

Western States Done

Obviously a full and overblown race report will follow but I wanted to say thanks to all the people that sent messages and e mails wishing me luck and congratulations on finishing. I know I went on and on about my total lack of preparedness for this event but today was by far my strongest ever performance mentally. My body was not capable of giving an ounce more than I dragged out of it and consequently it was an extremely painful race at times but not once did I think I wouldn't finish.

The Western States course is everything and more that has been written of it. To think as we rounded the track at Placer High School in Auburn, that climbing up and over a mountain to kick off was part of the same race is incredible. It is worth the time and expense to make it out here for this one if you get the chance....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome effort James! Looking forward to full overblown race report! :-)

    ReplyDelete