Sunday 17 April 2011

Weekend of Successes

Congratulations to everyone who ran the London Marathon or Oner today. As usual my friend Martin Gaunt put in the best time of anyone I know, 2:43, at London a little off his PB of 2:35 a couple of years ago but he is so consistent with these incredible performances. First time marathoning friends all finished in times ranging from 3:50 to 6:02. Very proud of them all (particularly the ones I coached through it!!!!).

My own personal woes are back. The shin pain is worse than ever this evening after another 1:30 jog around the Thames Path and Battersea Park. As a result I am signing off for a while, there is very little point in continuing to hope that things will be ok, I need to get my head down plug away at it and take stock of the situation. I don't know yet whether I'm back to square one or just set back a couple of weeks. For now I'll keep things going on here with reference to ultra news and Centurion races and pray that I'm back in time to put some of my thoughts down before Comrades.

Big love to all of you reveling in post race pride tonight, thoroughly deserved from all quarters!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment