Wednesday 27 April 2011

Buying Kit

Well my shin is still as sore as ever. It's fast approaching the point where I'm just not going to be able to get any training in for Comrades at all. The question then becomes should I not run a hilly 54 mile road race and save myself for Western States and the Grand Slam or just give it a crack and see what happens. I'm not making that decision yet but I'm preparing myself for having to do so. Man this year really has SUCKED so far for me. I am trying to stay positive after all what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger and in this case it has really just amped up my desire to go out there and run everything going.

On the Centurion front we've been extremely busy designing the buckle/ t shirt/ start & finish banners and this week finally purchasing all of the equipment we'll need for the NDW events in August. I can tell you that 19 full size (including 10 double steel framed) gazebos weigh a considerable amount and won't fit in one car. Buying that many awnings plus countless collapsable chairs led most of the staff at our local retailer asking the question of where our street party was being held as it's the Royal Wedding this Friday in the UK.

We're approaching 50% full in the marathon now and entries continue to trickle along for the NDW100 and 50, the 50 is lagging a little behind and it's hard to say why but I have a feeling we will see a few more entries coming through between now and race day in all distances. The TP100 entries continue to rise way ahead of my best estimates reaching 40 today. Considering we have a 200 runner limit if things carry on I can see us having to turn disappointed runners away. Nevertheless it's fantastic to receive such great support so early on in the life of these events so thanks again to everyone who has thrown their hat in the ring. Everything that it is possible to do to make the weekend as enjoyable as possible for you is being done.

Back to the stationary bike trainer for me. 2 and half hours on it last night was about all I could handle in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment