Sunday 12 September 2010

Sunday 12th September

pm: 50km. 5 hours 2 mins.

Fairly solid run out to Syon Park down the Thames Path and back. Hot today and felt it towards the end but only drained two bottles of water in that time. Planned 9:30 miles all the way to get used to Caesars Camp 100 pace. Have a feeling that even that could be a stretch with the hills on the course. Legs felt pretty comfortable, probably would have been ok up to about 50 miles but not quite as strong as I'd have liked them to be ie. pre Badwater conditioning when back to back 35 milers felt a lot easier each day than this did.

This week I got a letter through the post form London Marathon letting me know that after 4 years of missing out on spots through the lottery, I actually qualified for a good for age place with my 2:58 at Washington. Then I realised that the letter had been sat in the postroom at work for 3 weeks and I missed the deadline. Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment