Tuesday 14 September 2010

2011 Race Schedule


Pretty excited about all of these:

January: Country to Capital 45 mile. Repeat of this year.

February: Thames Trot 50 mile. Want to really nail a 50 miler as good as I know I can. 7hrs49 to beat.

March: Eco Trail De Paris 50 mile. Finish by running up the Eiffel Tower. Awesome.

April: Umstead 100 mile. Heading to North Carolina with Pete for his first 100. I hope to just have a solid run and maybe if all comes good i'll go under 20 hours for 100.

May: Comrades 56 mile. South Africa. No intro needed for this one. Will be with Lisa for the week leading up to it during her half term.

June: Western States 100 mile. California. Please please please please please etc etc.

August: Leadville 100 mile. Colorado. Im not going back to UTMB in 2011 now, I have a wedding to attend. Shame but I can live with missing it for a 3rd year in a row. Probably more excited about running Leadville to be honest.

So thats it. So many choices but I want to give myself time to train right and race properly rather than cramming them all in and running pointless marathons every weekend.

The year kind of hinges on Western States entry for me. If I get in that and Leadville will be my A races. If not then I may switch to Vermont instead and Im relaxed about that also.

Ive binned Hardrock for a time when Im actually qualified rather than crossing my fingers and writing essays to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment