Monday 13 September 2010

Monday 13th September

pm 4 miles 35 easy minutes

Just an easy run home today. Back to normal mileage tomorrow. Needed this though I slept pretty rough on Sunday night and probably wanted a day off after the longer one yesterday.

I read an interview with Jamie Donaldson today where she talked about her prep for Badwater being 4 - 6 weeks of 200 miles + per week. Thats what I did yesterday (50km) ie. 5 miles more than a marathon, every day of the week for a month and a half. I would like someone to explain to me how that is possible with a job (Jamie is a primary school teacher). I have found that when I run exactly half that for a few weeks in a row (ie 100 mile weeks or 14-15 miles per day) I can't really function properly at work and am knackered all week long. Pretty sure thats big mountain miles as well and not just flat road runs which is what i do most of the time. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment