Thursday 12 May 2011

An Injury By the Numbers

I fractured my shin on 7th February. I resumed training after the fracture was diagnosed, in a cast. Since then 10 weeks have passed and I have had the cast on for just over 6 weeks of that time. There have been a couple of 2 day gaps where the will to continue dropped significantly because of worsening of the injury (too much too soon). No real reason for posting this other than for my own records if this ever happens again. Also, if god willing I start and finish Comrades with almost a total absence of running, just what an effect that has had on my fitness/ time/ pace/ subsequent muscle soreness/ ability to run:

Time frame: 10 weeks/ 70 Days
Cycling time: 52 hours 50 minutes / 973 miles
Running time: 8 hours 30 / 58 miles (43 miles in a 1 wk come back which caused the 2nd round of problems)
Cross training time: 16 hours (Spinning/ Stair Machine/ Swimming)

Total: 77:20 hours
Average Daily Training time: 1:06 hours


 

No comments:

Post a Comment