Monday 29 November 2010

Rest Recover Run

Slept well last night after yesterdays little work out, got up and ran in. It was freezing this morning and I felt crappy all the way in to town.   Ran home this evening and felt a million times better. I wasn't particularly up for heading back out into near freezing temperatures tonight but I popped a Gu caffeine gel and rocketed home. Have been looking at a lot of Leadville 100 videos recently. This one is my favourite. Not particularly great footage in the run up but from exactly 4:00 minutes in it's gold. Leadville's cut off is 30 hours and when they say cut off they do mean cut off. You'll see what I mean if you stick it out to the 6:00 marker. I love that about these kind of races. Some people would say that's unfair but I think it's great. Although if that guy turns out to be me in 9 months time I'll probably grab that shotgun off the Finish Line Marshall and shoot myself instead.

">

3 comments:

  1. Nice video. Even harsher (but great tv) is the Comrades cut-off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIT_csBPil8&feature=related&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha felling the burger king buddy. checked out your web a couple of weeks ago, looks good and bout time someone introduced the buckle to the uk! gucr is a small maybe depending on my 45/90 ultraRace performance in jan. Whatever happens mate i'll endeavour to be their in august. i love the north downs. if you do some recce runs let me know as i'll join you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian that is GREAT tv. Good luck this weekend I hope you smash it. Anton out I see so more room for you at the top.

    Richard great to hear from you I will give you a shout when I next head down there, it will probably be in the new year and I probably do the whole 50 mile out route in one go if you wanted to join for all or some of it (plenty of get out of jail free rail stations just off the course!)

    ReplyDelete