Sunday 20 March 2011

Weekly Summary March 14th - 21st

We've had an incredible reaction to the Thames Path 100. In our first week of opening for registrations we've had 16 sign ups, which, bearing in mind the race is a just under a year away, is a phenomenal response. Finally we've also managed to get some traction with the UTMB organisers to get the races listed as official qualifiers. Fingers crossed we will get our answers next week.

Injury wise I feel like I'm mending. My fracture is pain free and the pain i've had in my shin bone under pressure has abated. I'm still at least 3 weeks from being able to resume light running but I'm staying sane and positive. This week I've cycled exactly 240 miles over 8 different sessions, between 45 minutes and just under 3 hours in length. Average pace has been good, just over 21mph for the lot. So I'm getting some decent exercise time in despite wearing having the cast on throughout. 

Makes me think I should sign up to a full length one of these and take the opportunity to put this enforced riding to good use....





No comments:

Post a Comment