Sunday 20 February 2011

Weekly Summary Feb 14 - 20

Monday - 4 miles 40 minutes
Tuesday - 4 miles 45 minutes
Wednesday - Rest/ Physio
Thursday - 4 miles 28 minutes
Friday - 4 miles 28 minutes & 20 minutes Strider
Saturday - 8.7 miles 1 hour 11 minutes
Sunday - 14.6 miles 2 hours 4 minutes

Total - 42 miles 5 hours 58 minutes

This week began horribly and got a lot better. Saturday was the first day I've been able to walk around since the race without pain in one or other part of my legs. I've had ice on my knee and shin on and off for about 2 hours of each day and spent a lot of time stretching both legs out. Saturday evening I managed just over an hour and today I ventured out for 2 but was baked by 90 minutes and struggled the last 5 or 6 miles. The 76 miles are still clearly taking their toll but I'm pretty familiar with this process. After a week of total rest and the problems I had in the early part of this week I'm pretty pleased how the last few days have panned out. A painful physio session paid huge dividends again mid week and turned me back around from a hobbling wreck to a functioning runner again in the space of 48 hours.

6 weeks until the next 100....

No comments:

Post a Comment