Wednesday 2 February 2011

3 Days to Go

Fly tomorrow 11:40am to Houston with Continental Airlines. The last time I got on a plane I was off the back of a 3 day drinking session and had a major panic attack. I will try not to do the same tomorrow but I am anxious to say the least.

Have spent a lot of today visualising the race. I think it's fair to say having run this in 2009 that I know what to expect, but the reality is 100 miles is such a long way that at some point something will inevitably go wrong, it's just about how you cope with it. I want to run the first 60 miles the way I ran the first 42 at Badwater. Just in a nice comfortable zone where I don't push the pace but keep it moderate and steady and the time just flies by. I have a pacing plan but I'm not going to put it on here because I don't want to jinx an already finely balanced situation. Last time I ran 22:54 and that was with a significant delay at the 80 mile aid station and a massive amount of walking on lap 5 from mile 80 in to the finish. It won't take much of an improvement this year to annihilate that time.

Hope to update tomorrow from Motel 6 off the side of the interstate running from Houston up to Huntsville, Texas. It is forecast to snow there tomorrow so I've had to pack all of my cold weather gear. A slightly interesting turn of events to say the least!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment