Friday 27 August 2010

6 hours to go

Well I just registered I figured what is the point in coming all the way out here two years in a row and not starting both times. My stomach is still terrible, breakfast was 4 pieces of dry bread. The plan is to eat something proper, take some immodium and try to sleep for an hour before the start that way I hope I can ingest some energy.

This race was always about just finishing but I just tore the cut off times out of the race manual to carry with me as I have no doubt that my perspective on this just changed to just trying to make each cut off one by one and keeping enough energy there to do so to the end. It is my policy in races not to stop for anything and to move straight through aid stations/ check points without stopping. This time I am going to have to rest and try and recoup wherever possible.

It is cold and absolutely tipping it down with rain. Right now this is looking like a misery fest but somehow I think once i get out there and try and slug it through the first night out, the sun may just come out in the morning and I may just feel like pushing on....

You can follow it live at http://utmb.livetrail.net/tabPassageEntete.php?course=utmb&tab=utmb

No comments:

Post a Comment